Re: Security thoughts

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, CreamerM@cintasmail.com
Subject: Re: Security thoughts
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 17:07:11 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/2000 4:44:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CreamerM@cintasmail.com writes:

>  Having a great time with the car, and happened to think 'what if someone
>  else decided to have a great time with the car'?!!
>
>  Anybody using an effective security device? Club, etc.?
>
>  Just curious, cuz I'll be driving around a lot, daily except during nasty
>  weather.

Mark,

In my car, I'm using a commercial alarm unit, with an add-on pager unit. I
have both the starter and the electric fuel pump wired in with the alarm
unit, such that neither one works if the alarm is on. I also have a hidden
switch to shut off the fuel pump, even if the thief should defeat the alarm
unit, with a chime to tell me that I've forgotten to turn it back on so I
won't be embarrassed by running out of gas in the middle of the road.

At the risk of sounding crassly commercial, I have a chapter in my book (8
pages) devoted to alarms and general theft "proofing" techniques.

Dan Masters
Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/