Re: security thoughts

To: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintasmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: security thoughts
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:05:14 -0700
At 04:27 PM 08/11/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Having a great time with the car, and happened to think 'what if someone
>else decided to have a great time with the car'?!!
>
>Anybody using an effective security device?

Mark, if they REALLY want it, they will get it.  But if they can't start it
and drive it away, you will discourage 95% of the bad guys who are mostly
impulse thieves.  The other 5% come prepared to tow it or haul it and you
won't stop them.

When I park for relatively long periods (movie theater, shopping center, or
something like airport parking for 2 or 3 days), I just lift the hood, pop
out the distributor rotor and carry it in my pocket.  Put the cap back on.

Glenn  74.5 TR6's
San Diego
(where mostly modern cars get stolen, for parting out to Mexico; not too
many TR6's down there!)