2000-register

Re: Various

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Various
From: Asgeir Nesoen <asgeir.nesoen@hf-it.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 11:12:08 +0100
According to my experience, it is very difficult to fit the bushes and
brackets so that there is absolutely no slack when you watch the rack while
turning the wheel (with the car on it's wheels).

But you're right. You get a much tighter fit with the polyurethane bushes.

I know that this is a slight problem for racing Triumphs, and I have seen
brackets welded to the rack so that there is no slack at all... :-)  Not
very comfortable to drive, though, because you can feel any vibration from
the wheels, and I think that you will get more wear on the column joints
and rack pinion.

Why are the column U/J's so expensive, btw?

---Asgeir---