2000-register

Fw: Headlights

To: "2000 Register" <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Headlights
From: "Peter Atkinson" <parkhous@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:06:35 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Atkinson <parkhous@globalnet.co.uk>
To: 2000 Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Date: 05 January 2000 17:02
Subject: Headlights

1. My 2500TC has 75 watt main beam (inner) light units which I am told were
police car spec.   Given that they are likely to die sooner or later does
anyone kmow whether they are still available new or where I might get used
units from?
2. I have been trying to set up my headlight beams but the Leyland workshop
manual only gives the method of alignment which requires special beam
setting equipment.   Using an ancient car mechanics book method I have set
up the main beam unit beams to be parallel, straight ahead and horizontal
with the dipping (outer) units the same when on main beam setting.   Does
anyone know if this is more or less correct?
Peter Atkinson