Re: CSRG at Sears Point

To: Don <djq1234@yahoo.com>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CSRG at Sears Point
From: Tom M <tmatycho@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:12:27 -0800

Tom M wrote:
<snip the insightful comments of your truly and the estimable Mr. Queen>

After sending the earlier reply, the thought also occurs that we all
bear
responsibility for the conduct of our sport, first and foremost through
our own conduct, but also in the way we respond to the misconduct of
others.

I certainly have no desire to get into a confrontation with someone
who's done something unsafe or overly-aggressive, even though I may be
the only one who sees it and could bring it to the other person's
attention.  It isn't really fair to expect a volunteer board to enforce
everything if we are willing to ignore breaches of responsible vintage
driving.  While not everyone has the tact to be able to discuss such
things without arousing hostility, but we ought to do our best to make
clear to our fellow competitors the kind of conduct we really expect,
even if it means going up to a stranger, or to a friend, and saying, in
essence, that's not what we like to see here.

Tom M.
Elva Courier #43