Re: locked distributors

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, brian@uunet.ca, Vaughn.Rockney@geis.ge.com
Subject: Re: locked distributors
From: SimmsTV@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 18:45:36 EDT
Jack,
I started racing my Sebring Twin Cam with SVRA in 1983, using a crank fire,
which a few of the production cars were using. SVRA seemed at the time to have
no position on the units, and the car always passed tech, even with the highly
visible trigger plate hung on the front of the crank pulley. Several years
later , maybe in the 87 to 88 time frame, an official written position did
appear in the newsletter, and it was NO CRANK FIRES.!!!
mentioned in my email. Never could figure out how much horsepower effect that
might have produced, since the first points based engine we built was in a
higher state of tune than the last crank fire one. The difference on the
timing light is quite dramatic, of course.... on crank fire the timing was
rock steady, and the best we have been able to do with the dizzy (great term)
has some scatter between cylinders and some "flicker" in the setting on any
one cylinder.
Clearly the engine looks and is more "of the period" now, and thats no bad
thing.
Re the Glen-  still struggling with the pinched nerves in my neck, so no
driving in '98...maybe next year.
Regards,
          Tony Simms