RE: locked distributors

To: "Rockney, Vaughn (GEIS)" <Vaughn.Rockney@geis.ge.com>
Subject: RE: locked distributors
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:30:45 -0400
I want to use a locked distributor because on my engine the cam rotates
backwards, hence the distributor has to have mirror image centrifigal
advance weights.  While the one reverse dizzy I have is fine, I like to have
a spare set up and ready to go, and a second reverse rotation Ford dizzy
appears to be unobtainium.  So I thought I'd experiment with a locked unit,
and asked for advice and comments, and I appreciate yours.  One idea I just
had, while writing this, is that since the dizzy is backwards, vacuum
advance becomes vacuum retard.  maybe i can hook a cable to the vacuum
retard plate to manually retard the unit for starting, with hefty spring to
keep it at full advance while running?  Might work ok...

Brian