Fw: FV not good enough ....

To: "Vintage race" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: FV not good enough ....
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 22:09:06 -0500
Sorry to hear that you guys south of the equator are having problems getting
Vs accepted. The US was that way up until about '67 but then, largely
through the efforts of one man, Dewey Dellinger they gained acceptance (in
most sanctioning groups). Dewey was then Publisher of Victory Lane and an
owner of a beautiful Beach FV. Dewey was devoted to vintage racing and
particularly the "little guys" who make up the pack. Unfortunately Dewey
passed away last year from cancer that he contracted as a result of exposure
to some nasty stuff in Vietnam.

Since FV has been accepted by The Monoposto Register the class has grown
steadily and the quality of the cars participating is very high. I hope you
can get them accepted as they make excellent cars for many reasons.

GJB