FV not good enough ....

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FV not good enough ....
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:03:35 PST
A few years ago, CSRG voted to accept FV and FF together into the open
wheel group.  It was essentially the only way to justify having a
dedicated open wheel group.  We have a few FB cars, and a respectable
collection of Juniors, but the grid was getting smaller.  The Vees dice
with the slower Juniors, and the FFords run with the faster Juniors and
FBs.  Everybody tiptoes around each other with due respect.  We all have
fun.

We don't usually get any Formula A (FA is not Atlantic to us), or F5000
cars.  They would probably run with the fastest sports racers and Can-Am
cars.  The CSRG cutoff date for Formula cars is 1972.

HMSA is another story.  Steve Earle did let one FV into the Wine Country
Classic a few years back, but it may well have been the nicest looking
one in the country.  It was also one of the first ones made, etc.  etc.
The only time Steve Earle let any FFords into the Historics was for the
Lotus year, and then only a few.