Re: Vintage Opinion

To: jim hayes <jeh@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: Vintage Opinion
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 08:10:21 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, jim hayes wrote:

> Ah, which brings up another dilemma, my 17 year old son who wants to try
> racing. Do we let him drive one of my cars, or buy a SS car and let him duke
> it out with the SCCA crazies. Does a youngster have any business in vintage
> racing? He certainly doesn't have any sense of the history - and it may be
> difficult to get across the idea that one does not try to win at all costs.
>
> Hmmmm, do we need a minimum age for drivers in the rules too?

        I think the only pre-requisit should be an abiding love for the
        cars and their place in history... If your son wants to vintage race
        let him... It will bring you both closer together. If he wants
        more...excitment, then let him move on to the SCCA. As I
        understand, it many SCCA racer moved on to vintage racing when the
        BS and cash chase of the SCCA palled...

        Geez, do you realize, you guys are makin' history with each lap you
        drive!!!

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois