Re: More vintage race questions

To: atrltd@earthlink.net (Dick Carlson)
Subject: Re: More vintage race questions
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 9:58:58 PDT
If you're talking about the "Fabulous Hudson Hornet" of Ivan Zaremba, it
is a great looking, fast-as-hell whale.  It is, however a "re-creation"
of one of the cars Hudson campaigned in the 50's.  Ivan had to find a
good car from the right period and dress it up as the stocker.  It had
no race history.  I say more power to him.  It is correct for the
period, it runs more or less as prepared back then (+safety gear) and it
looks great.  He goes out and has great dices with an old Caddywhack.
What a spectacle!  "Battle of the Titans" we call it.  ;=) I believe you
can find the Hornet in the latest _Vintage Motorsport_.  It's in a
sidebar on a story about Marshall Teague, et al.