Re: Vintage Opinion

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage Opinion
From: JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu (James A. Isbell)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 20:39:55 -0500
>events but you get used to it.)  Any way you look at it, vintage racers are
>passionate about race cars and as there people drive all manners of street
>cars, there should be venues for people to race all types of old cars.

This is what I meant when I threw fuel on this argument several days ago.  I
dont care what they call my car, "Vintage", "Obsolete", "Lola", "George"  it
doesn't make any difference.  But the cars of this vintage are worth
preserving.  My Lola T540 is a very prety car and it is fun to drive.  I
just want a place to drive it.  Call it "Ugly" if you want, just let me
preserve it and run it somewhere, anywhere.

And it seems to me that the attitude, "Go form your own group" is not
constructive.  The more, smaller, groups you have the less it will work.  I
would be better if groups tried to help one another to achieve optimum track
density rather than get snobbish and say, "Not on my race track you dont!"
The result of division is weakness.  "United we stand", should be our moto,
or "Divided we WILL fall."

My only request is that I race with open wheel racers not with sedans.
--
                                                            Jim

  "Better an outlaw than not free."
                         Nance O'Neil