Re: Vintage Race Dilemmas...

To: Jim Hill <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Vintage Race Dilemmas...
From: Mike & Jaye Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 11:56:53 +0000
Just a couple of points;
a) VARAC selected its two date cut-offs, Dec. 31, 1961 for Vintage and Dec. 31,
'72 for
historic due to changes that came after each date i.e. MGA getting replaced by
MGB,
356 by 911, 948 Sprite by 1098/1275 Sprite etc. and the same with Historic.
That's why
we don't roll our dates forward....too many people are only interested in
winning so
they wouls constantly be moving to the 'latest' spec which only leads to not
very
vintage cars and a creeping escalation of preparation spec. which leads to
drums being
replaced with discs and on and on -
b)we don't require a race history for our cars - there just aren't enough
racers here to
do that