Re:More vintage race questions

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:More vintage race questions
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 9:58:18 PDT
Locally there's a fellow named John Kerby-Miller who campaigns a Comet
with full FIA homologation.  It ran rallies in Africa!  They have
T-shirts that show an alarmed driver and navigator being passed by a
Cheetah (the feline, not the car) wearing racing goggles.  It also spent
a large portion of it's life as a family car, with photos to prove it.
He just has a whale of a time horsing that big thing around.  He even
does the Reno Hilton event in it, which I compare to an autocross with
passing.  He goes out and rumbles with the Shelby GT350's.  It's quite a
sight.  We refer to it as "The FIA Comet."