Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race

To: nobozos@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 11:18:36 -0400
> > How 'bout Sebring (haven't been there since we ran a Alfa Spider in '67
> > finished 30th OA). Start with a 4-6 hour event, finishing in the dark (w
> > up to longer events in the future). Mid-week before the 12 hour? Gives u
> > time to get everything rebuilt after the season ends. I'll come! Beats h
> >  out of Boston in winter!
> >
> Sure it's a good idea!  So good, the particular time you chose, that
> SVRA has been doing that for at least the last 11 years!!  We don't get
> that much track time (IMSA does have quite a few other paying support
> events) but it is always some good times and great racing.  Interested
> in a early December date?  Winter in "Wally World" and all that...?

I know about the SVRA races at Sebring, I was here in 94 as crew and they
get very little track time.
Assuming few spectators would be interested, why not earlier in the week?
December is tough, since if you really wanted to do this, you'd do a LOT of
prep and we're still racing tillthe end of October here in the Northeast!
January is better.
Not discouraged yet!

jeh@fotec.com         http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm
veni, vedi, veloce