Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race

To: jim hayes <jeh@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 23:02:36 -0700
jim hayes wrote:

> > To: jim hayes <jeh@world.std.com>
> > Cc: vintage-race@autox.team.net
> > Subject: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race
> >
> > Ok, Ok ...  Listen, if you guys are SERIOUS about a 24-hour, regardless
> > of the format, I will do some research here in South Florida where we
> > know something about 24-Hour races (and 12-hour races for that matter).
>
> How 'bout Sebring (haven't been there since we ran a Alfa Spider in '67 and
> finished 30th OA). Start with a 4-6 hour event, finishing in the dark (work
> up to longer events in the future). Mid-week before the 12 hour? Gives us
> time to get everything rebuilt after the season ends. I'll come! Beats hell
>  out of Boston in winter!
>
> Jim Hayes -   Vintage racing '57 & '62 Alfa Spiders
>  jeh@fotec.com              http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm
> All generalizations, with the possible exception of this one, are false.

Sure it's a good idea!  So good, the particular time you chose, that
SVRA has been doing that for at least the last 11 years!!  We don't get
that much track time (IMSA does have quite a few other paying support
events) but it is always some good times and great racing.  Interested
in a early December date?  Winter in "Wally World" and all that...?

*8o)