Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race

To: nobozos@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race
From: JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu (James A. Isbell)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 07:29:31 -0500
>This presents a "numbers" game... are there enough Formula cars that
>would enter to restrict the entries (doubtful)?

Never know till you ask.  But I suspect you may be right.

> Must every team have a
>Formula car and will the sessions be limited and controlled so that only
>Open-wheeled cars are on the track at the same time (difficult)?

The dificult we do immediately the impossible takes a little longer.

> Since
>we would be talking about a 24-Hour event, how well do the headlamps
>work on Formula cars?

They dont have any but could be fitted with them.

>But we are talking true EVENT!!!

EXACTLY!!

> Would you have a friend with a sedan?

Yes

>Would you have a GOOD friend with a racing sedan...?

Yes

But the next question is the hard one.  "Do you have a GOOD friend with a
racing sedan who has the time to make a tow to Florida and had the money to
make that tow and has the inclination to do enduro racing and thinks 24
hours would be fun."

I dont know the answer to that one yet, but it is probably in the negative.]

On the other hand.  There is probably a sedan driver out there who is
thinking, "Do I have a friend....a GOOD friend....with a sports racer....."
If the race was organised there would be prople who were looking both ways
so matchups could be made.
--
                                                            Jim

  "Better an outlaw than not free."