Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 22:49:46 -0400
> To: jim hayes <jeh@world.std.com>
> Cc: vintage-race@autox.team.net
> Subject: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race
>
> Ok, Ok ...  Listen, if you guys are SERIOUS about a 24-hour, regardless
> of the format, I will do some research here in South Florida where we
> know something about 24-Hour races (and 12-hour races for that matter).

How 'bout Sebring (haven't been there since we ran a Alfa Spider in '67 and
finished 30th OA). Start with a 4-6 hour event, finishing in the dark (work
up to longer events in the future). Mid-week before the 12 hour? Gives us
time to get everything rebuilt after the season ends. I'll come! Beats hell
 out of Boston in winter!

Jim Hayes -   Vintage racing '57 & '62 Alfa Spiders
 jeh@fotec.com              http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm
All generalizations, with the possible exception of this one, are false.