Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race

To: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Subject: Re: Vintage/Historic 24-Hour Race
From: JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu (James A. Isbell)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 07:29:28 -0500
>Let me get this straight. After all this description you want to race on
>real roads with potholes and wild animal crossings, lined with telephone
>poles, rocks, fences and curbs? At least you can go under trailer trucks and
>buses.

I dont know about the roads where you are, but here in Texas we take prety
giid care of our roads.  The otherstuff you mentioned is off the road, and I
wasnt talking about "off road" racing....#8=)

Within a few miles of here I can find many very fine streaches of road and
as was previously mentioned, I proposed a closed road race, no trucks etc.

>BTW, we closed wheel types don't like mixed classes either. We can't see you
>little guys behind us very well and you do go soooo much faster sometimes! I
>don't like some of the faster sports racers either. I remember one time with
>a Lotus 23....

Then we are agreed on that point.
--
                                                            Jim