Re: Mille Miglia

To: jeh@world.std.com
Subject: Re: Mille Miglia
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 11:36:36 PDT
Now there's an idea.  I think you'd want to have 4-driver teams.  That
way you could have a day shift and a night shift.  Vintage cars often
mean vintage bodies.  We wouldn't want anybody to drive themselves to
exhaustion.  This would probably rule out formula cars.  It would be too
painful to fit headlights.  It would also mess up the aerodynamics.  One
problem with this is the noise levels at night.  There may only be a few
tracks that could do this.  Thunder Hill, and Button Willow come to
mind.  The CSRG Enduro (2 hours) is coming up in October.  This is the
one that has a real LeMans style start.  You game?  Last I heard, Ed
McDonough was looking for a US ride.  ;=)