Re: Mille Miglia

To: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Subject: Re: Mille Miglia
From: JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu (James A. Isbell)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 17:23:55 -0500
>Where are you going to find a set of roads in the US smooth enough to run
>open wheel cars?

Since this is a rally, not full race, I would think that raising the
suspension to about a 4" road clearance would set most formula cars high
enough to travel probably 60% of the county or better maintained paved
roads.  There are few places in Texas where the roads are so bad that I
couldn't run my FF which has a 2" clearance as long as I wasn't running flat
out.  If I was running in something like this I would remove the wide slicks
and put on some high profile treaded tires and would probably not even have
to change the suspension set up to get two more inches.
--
                                                            Jim

  "Better an outlaw than not free."
                         Nance O'Neil