Re[2]: Re- Mille Miglia

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re[2]: Re- Mille Miglia
From: Ken.Freese@ccmail.aer.lmco.com
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 96 08:04:57 PST
          If all parties could co-operate, we could have a "California
          Enduro" with a couple of hours at each California track with
          just travel time separating the events.
          Ken Freese
          55 100S

Subject: Re: Re- Mille Miglia
Author:  "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com> at _internetcc
Date:    8/23/96 9:00 AM

        Reply to:   RE>Re: Mille Miglia

On: 8/22/96   favres@engmail.ulinear.com wrote:

------------------Begin Included Message------------------

Now there's an idea.  I think you'd want to have 4-driver teams.  That
way you could have a day shift and a night shift.  Vintage cars often
mean vintage bodies.  We wouldn't want anybody to drive themselves to
exhaustion.  This would probably rule out formula cars.  It would be too
painful to fit headlights.  It would also mess up the aerodynamics.  One
problem with this is the noise levels at night.  There may only be a few
tracks that could do this.  Thunder Hill, and Button Willow come to
mind.  The CSRG Enduro (2 hours) is coming up in October.  This is the
one that has a real LeMans style start.  You game?  Last I heard, Ed
McDonough was looking for a US ride.  ;=)

> Instead of running a cross country dash in formula cars, why not
> organize a vintage 24 hour enduro?  I've always wanted to run Nelson
> Ledges but it seems a bit too competitive.  Any sanctioning bodies wanna
> try this one?
>
> Jim Hayes -   Vintage racing '57 & '62 Alfa Spiders
>  jeh@fotec.com              http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm

How about doing it the way the Aussies do -- have teams that include
multiple cars as well as drivers?  Sort of a tag-team relay?  I don't
know that my car would run for 24 hours at race speeds!

Dave Lapham    Austin, TX     HEALEY@OAKHILL.sps.mot.com