Re: [TR] position for wiper wheelboxes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] position for wiper wheelboxes
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:22:39 -0400
>> Unfortunately, I can't answer that.  What I would do (and I will be doing
>> this in a year or so) is realize that getting it wrong will reverse
>> the direction of the wipers
>
> So instead of moving to and fro, they move fro and to ?  How do you tell
> the
> difference ?
>
>> and they will park in the wrong position
>
> Except that the park position is fully adjustable on a TR3-4, and the
> adjustment
> gets lost when you remove the cable from the motor.
>
>> (which would be the
>> right position for RHD vehicles) and then check to see if the cable is
>> fully
>> retracted or extended when parked.
>
> So, which is correct, extended or retracted ?  If we knew that, we'd know
> which
> way the wheelboxes go.

Ah, I just got squirmed under the dash (where I've been working this week
anyway) to take a look.

Paul, I think the thing that makes the most sense, is to run the wiper motor
first.  The long gentle curve of the tube that sweeps under the dash will
give you the fit for the proper location of the wheelbox.  I set up mine a
few weeks ago this way, and have the same placement as Chris Buckley
reports, which is the lower of the two options.  I also tested the action
for binding using a battery charger, and it worked smooth.

Good luck!

Terry

===     http://www.vtr.org