Re: [TR] position for wiper wheelboxes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] position for wiper wheelboxes
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:53:11 -0400
> List,
> I am progressing too slowly on the restoration of my TR3.  I am just now
> reassemblying the wiper and assembly.  I have a question:
>
> Do the two wiper wheelboxes go under or over the long drive-cable?  If it
> goes
> under then that means there is about an inch between the cable-drive and
> the
> body's sheet metal.    If you say it 'goes over' the wheelbox then there
> is
> about 1/4" between the cable-drive and the body's sheet metal.  My book
> doesn't say.........
>
> Thanks, Paul Dorsey
> 60 TR3A

Paul, I'm probably confused.  The long drive cable goes through the wheel
boxes, not "over" or "under."  The tubing that surrounds the drive wire fits
into the slots at either end of the wheelbox, with nothing but wire actually
"within" the box.

But I'm probably missing what you're saying.

Luck!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A (Restoration close to being done.  Man, I love a car
with headlights and dashboard wiring!)
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org