Re: Why do TR's sell for so little money?

To: OC@46thFoot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why do TR's sell for so little money?
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:55:48 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>

  When I was four years old, a next-door neighbour had a white Herald
1200 convertible with red interior. I thought it was the most beautiful
car I had ever seen. A white Herald 1200 convertible with a red
interior is now my daily driver (and I'm a couple of years short of my
40th birthday). I can't remember dreaming of cars as a teen, although I
do recall thinking that an Audi 80 would make a nice first car for me.
I really hope you're wrong, and that in two years' time I don't go out
and buy one!

 ========

Mike, I don't remember you living next door to me. ;-) I started
driving on dad's then-five-year-old '64 Herald 1200 convertible, having
painted it (with a friend) a year previously. Loved that car enough
that I managed to find -- and then con my parents into buying for me --
a Herald convertible of my own. That one was a slightly later '64, in
white with a red interior! Loved that car for two years, until the
second crash finally rendered it impractical to repair again (hey, that
one wasn't my fault; besides, I had a TR3A waiting to go on the road).

Now I've come full circle, almost: my current daily driver Triumph is a
'62 Herald 1200 sedan, also white with red interior. And both my 16-
and 13-year-olds LOVE the car, so another generation of Triumph
fans/owners is developing, at least in my family.

--Andy Mace