Re: Lucas Part #39171 ID Help

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas Part #39171 ID Help
From: TBe749@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:09:59 EDT
My 73 GT had a factory recall some time in the mid 70's also for the light
switch. I kept the replacement at home (good one) until the lights would not
come on many miles from home. I jury rigged something to make them work. The
replacement switch is still in the car today.

So, do clear hooters switch' say so on the switch somewhere? This switch says
Lucas and England on the back. Came in a Lucas box.

Tom Beaver

Be aware though that if one installs a Clear Hooters switch it's life
expectancy will be the same as that for all of them and that is maybe 2 years
at the
outside. This, based on my experience of the Clear Hooters headlight switch
which was standard on my 73 TR-6. These quality products tended to come apart
at
the seams usually in the middle of the night in some godforsaken place.

Deano

Tom:

It's a Clear Hooter and was used on the TR250 and early TR6. If original and
working, it is worth some good money.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6