Re: Lucas Part #39171 ID Help

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas Part #39171 ID Help
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:53:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/2005 1:12:40 PM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> So if Clear Hooters were not made by Lucas, why does the switch in question
> have a Lucas part number ?

I dunno.  Were the part numbers issued by Lucas?  Were they specified by S-T?
 Were they issued by a joint industry council?  All references to C-H shows
them to be an independent company from Lucas.  (See
www.competition-commission.org.uk/rep_pub/reports/1960_1969/fulltext/025c16.pdf
 )

> I'm clearly confused, probably because the Stag's alternator is on the fritz
> and I drove the Great White Whale (aka Roadmaster Estate Wagon) to work
> today.  Maybe tonight I'll get a chance to exorcise the demons of darkness
> and be able to drive a real car tomorrow.

Maybe you need to convert to a good ol' reliable Lucas Dynamo!

Dave