Re: TR7 BFH#42 - head torquing sequence

Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#42 - head torquing sequence
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 23:01:53 -0800
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Bruce :

I personally don't believe the sequence makes a great deal of difference
when retorquing head bolts,  but I always do it in the tightening
sequence, loosening each bolt (or nut) just a little before retightening
it to the correct torque value.  You don't want to loosen it completely,
just enough so you get a dynamic torque when tightening, not a static
torque (which can be higher, meaning it really isn't tight enough).

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver