tr-3 steering box align.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr-3 steering box align.
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 22:40:33 -0600 (CST)
Sorry I am not sure what is meant by aligning the steering box.  I just took
mine out and don't understand.....unless you mean making sure the lever arm
goes back on to the drop arm thing in the same alignment after it is pressed
off.

I am wondering how one tells what to replace?? do you replace all the
bearings,bushings in the box?? and maybe the peg??  also how do you tell if
the worm gear is excessively worn??  Mine looks ok but??  and is it made so
the peg wears instead of the gear?? or do they both wear the same?

thanks!!
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Box 25
                Wellman, Iowa