Re: Bolts holding TR3 Rad !!!!

To: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: Bolts holding TR3 Rad !!!!
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:34:17 -0400
Cc: "'pleask@mailhost.wlc.com'" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'wallaces@superaje.com'" <wallaces@superaje.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by David Templeton
>On a related area (someone might have answered this already), how many
shims
are needed for the engine mounts to make sure the crank hole lines up
correctly?  Do I put the rad in place temporarily and the engine and then
shim it align?
<

When asked how long a sheep's legs should be, Abe Lincoln replied "Long
enough to reach the ground."

Others have stated that they needed none.  I just put five home-made shims
(1 1/2 x 3/8 fender washers) on one side and none on the other side to get
my dog bolt aligned with the hole in the radiator - I not only had to raise
it up but shift it to the left.

In other words - you will have to put some in and see how it goes.  Trial
and error.

Dave