Bolts holding TR3 Rad !!!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net;, pleask@mailhost.wlc.com
Subject: Bolts holding TR3 Rad !!!!
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 09:49:34 -0400
Hi Pat,
I am frequently reminded what a pain it was taking mine out because
whenever I go to use my 9/16" wrench I notice the bent end. I put it in a
vice and hauled on it till it was bent to about 40 degrees; it seems to me
this gave about 32 degrees of swing instead of 29, which by then was a
welcome improvement.
When you go to reinstall, you can put a thinner bolt (5/16 x 24) up through
the nut, and a 5/16 x 24 nut on top of the original nut, so that next time
around you can just hold the bolt head still and turn the (new) nut from above.
Or, you can put the 5/16 bolts through from underneath, then thin nuts to
lock them in place, thus creating studs. The rad can be put down on those,
and the final nuts put on top of the rad flanges, however the rad will now
be slightly higher and your crank hole may not be aligned, but as we now
know that can be fixed with shims on the motor mounts.
Regards,
Jim
....Would someone please wave their magic wand and tell me the easy way to
get those two darn bolts out holding the Rad it's self in place on a TR3.......
Thanks all.
Pat