RE: 'Brit-Meets' Participation

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 'Brit-Meets' Participation
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:44:33 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
List

I'll get my two cents in here.  My 56 TR3 is certainly not one of the "show
stoppers", but it is a driver.  I travel throughout western Pennsylvania for
work and often when the day is as great as it was today (sunny and in the
70's), I take the TR.  In that sense it's a daily driver.  I also take it to
British Car Days each year here in Pittsburgh, but don't expect to win a
prize but go to talk with other TR owners, photograph the cars, watch the
pedestrians, watch the time trials for the Vintage Grande Prix, and watch
the pedestrians some more, etc.  The prizes for the show stoppers only
happen once each year.  My pleasure is the "great car" comments when driving
the car around the city, waves along the roads, and the questions at the
local ice cream stand.

One other thought.  When I vote at the show, I usually stick with just the
TR's since I'm basically lazy.  Then I vote only for those cars with regular
"daily" license plates.  I figure if they have a regular rather than a
classic plate they are being driven more.  From there its which is the best
looking.  Not necessarily original, just clean and sharp.  I know I'll hear
about that comment, but remember, its all for fun and enjoying driving and
working cool British machines.

Paul g. Wiegman
1956 TR3
Glenshaw, PA