A-Type OD Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A-Type OD Question
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 23:45:42 -0500
Well, it looks like I FINALLY got my OD to work! Manually at least. Haven't
connected the electricals yet and with my track record, It'll probably take
me another 6 weeks! (Just let it go, Fred..)

Question though...when I operate the valve lever on the right side of the OD
box, I have to push it a good 1/4" PAST the alignment hole. I feel no
resistance until I get to the hole (the 3/16" one used to adjust the
solenoid). Have to push the lever another 1/4" or so to engage the OD. The
only thing I can think of that would cause this is the cam on the OD
operating shaft is either worn or is somehow not lined up where it should
be.

Seems to me I could make allowances when setting the solenoid, but I don't
want to trash this thing now that I finally got it to work. Any ideas from
those of you who've been down this road? Thanks very much...maybe I'll be
back on the road before summer's over after all!

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L (with TR4 Gearbox and OD)