Re: Cleaning Fuel Tank

To: "William Hooper" <rotoflex@hotmail.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning Fuel Tank
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:37:29 -0500
Good point. Muriatic Acid will not be neutralized by the lacquer thinner. It
does however completely neutralized with water. I followed a simple regimen,
used the MA, flushed with lots of water, filled with water and let sit in
the sun. When the water was as hot as it was going to get, I dumped it,
quickly air pressure dried and added a slosh of Marvel Mystery Oil too hold
it until I could install it. Worked extremely well. The inside of the tank
took on a slight warm look from unimportant surface oxidation (not enough to
call rust). This was 2 years ago.

Bob Kramer
TR4,TR4A, TR6,  2.5 Saloon
rgk@flash.net