Re[2]: SQUAT

To: "greenman62@hotmail.com" <greenman62@hotmail.com>, "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re[2]: SQUAT
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:48 -0800
Cc: "DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "arthurhsmith@compuserve.com" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
     Joe wrote:
Ok, Greg, you forced me into it.  I now have to admit that I do buy precious
metals for my spouse.  They generally are in the form of "rocker panels",
fenders, boot lids etc. for Spitfires.And I get the same response I do when I
try to buy her clothes.
Ahh, yes.  What is precious metal to one culture is a fishing weight to another.
ISTR in my college studies (don't ask how long ago that was) that some ancient
cultures actually believed that gold was a worthless substance (compared to iron
or copper which made nifty weapons and tools).  Now, I can personally vouch for
the preciousness of Porsche sheet metal.  Example - headlamp buckets (basically
looks like an old WW II steel helmet but a lot thinner) run $125 apiece (!!!).

Ross Vincenti
Temporarily Triumphless (but just dropped 40 big ones on a new Suburban)