Re: Workbench and shelf building

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: Workbench and shelf building
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 05:53:54 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 06:21 PM 6/3/99 -0700, Pete & Aprille Chadwell wrote:

>Triumph afficianados:
>
>I'm seriously sick and tired of my messy garage.

snip

Pete,

In my previous life, I worked in the Shopping Center Industry. One of our
more common problems was when tenants skipped out, they left behind store
fixures. When I built my shop, I called one of my former managers and asked
which empty store had some decent shelving that was abandoned. He hooked me
up with the motherload of industrial steel shelving. It's the same stuff
used in drug stores and supermarkets. I can climb up the shelves and not
damage the stuff. For those of you who know me personally, you know that is
saying alot about the sturdiness of the shelving!   ;-)

I suggest you keep your eyes open for vacant stores in shopping centers.
Look in the windows and see if there is any shelving, benches, etc. that
may suit your needs. Then call the shopping center management company and
offer to remove some of it at no cost to them. Most of the time the
Landlord has to pay to junk the stuff left behind. You are doing them a
favor.

Good luck.
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI       Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B           Driver
 TR250 X 3      The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage       http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/