TR3 or TR4?? Help!!

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 or TR4?? Help!!
From: Cameron Greig <cameron@enterprise.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 97 14:31:25 +0100
Hello All

        I need some help.Back in the mid 70s I bought a very early TR2
registered 1st April 1954 TS678.I spent 4 years rebuilding the car, parts
were not so easy to come by then,particularly body panels.My wife and I
ran this car as our only transport for 4 years and then due to morgages
kids new buisness etc, I had to sell it.Anyway the thing is I what
another TR but which one?
I don't want a TR4a or above because I like the simplicity of the earlier
cars so the real question is TR2,3 or TR4.The TR4 is appealing because
its much the same as the TR2 under the skin but is more civilised and
just that little bit different.However I will always be comparing it to
my old car and there may be aspects of the TR2 that Iwill miss.My old car
had the larger engine so the power difference is'nt an issue
 Any comments welcome.

I am also selling a 1980 BMW M535i, To good at what it does!

           Thanks all Cameron (Scotland).