RE: Whining, good for nothing clutch!

To: "'William West'" <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Subject: RE: Whining, good for nothing clutch!
From: "Andrew Dixon" <amdixon@tidalwave.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 08:34:46 -0400
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Will,
I agree with Chris, You're doing well.
I'm relying on memory and at my age, weeellll.  I had the transmission out
of my Previous TR6 so many times i have to use my toes as well as my
fingers to keep track (never thought of doing all seals etc. at one time,,DUH).

As I remember there are tabs on the flywheel bolts that you bend flat to
remove the bolts.  These are then bent back up to stop the bolts from
loosning on thier own once replaced.  If you wear a belt and suspenders,
feel free to put a little blue locktite on there (marvelous stuff).  Here we
may
start a thread I always used the old tabs and never had a problem though
I'm sure many will recommend replacement.

Andy