Re: Spitfire MKII Questions

To: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire MKII Questions
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:31:16 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Curry wrote:

> > Regarding the front brakes, I have it on good authority that the
> > calipers for the early Spits are not rebuildable because the kits are
> > no longer available.  For that reason, I am holding onto a pair from
> > my '75 parts car (different and rebuildable).  They are interchangeable.

Hmmm, last I knew (and according to John Kipping's Web site), pistons and
seal kits are available for the "type 12" (pre-Mk.3) caliper. I don't know
if the calipers are directly interchangeable or not (never tried). The
early ones mount to an adaptor that bolts onto the vertical link. Later
calipers bolt directly to a different vertical link. Is the caliper bolt
spacing the same? I'll have to find out sometime, I guess! :-)

--Andy