Fw: Re:Spitfire MKII Questions

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: Re:Spitfire MKII Questions
From: "Ralph Jannelli" <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:29:45 -0400charset="us-ascii"
( I am also using IE4 and have not seen these go thru so I am resending )Hi
John - I own FC69259L the L is for left hand drive I don't know what the
"A" on the end of you comm number is for! I have the certificate from BMIHT
which verifys the mine was built in 1965. My North Carolina Registration
says its a 1967!! Yours is definately a 1965.
Early Spits are hard to come by especially in good condition, lets face it
they were cheap sports cars and owners beat the hell out of them. I spent
way more that most sane people would have spent to restore my car but I
think the personnal satisfaction was worth it. I don't think you will make
money restoring a Spitfire.
Not many of the part of value will work on you '78. Sure the engine or
trans or diff will fit but I'm not sure it would be worth it. The later
trans and diff are better and as for the early engine in a '78 model car -
it will stil lbe emissions testedas a '78 and this could be a problem.
Ralph Jannelli
'65 Spitfire MKII
'72 Spitfire MKIV