Re: TR3 Radio

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Radio
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 17:17:11 -0400
I have a question to pose to the collective wisdom of the list.  I have some
literature that was published in one of the TR register publications several
years ago concerning the optional (dealer installed?) radio kit for the TR3.
 This literature includes drawings for the brackets that hold the radio and
speaker on the top of the trans tunnel cover, and form kind of a console or
facia in front of the gearshift that the radio and speaker faces were mounted
into.  It appears to be relatively easy to fabricate from sheet metal.
However, there is nothing in the literature about what the finish on these
parts was.  Are they painted or vinyl covered, and in what color?  Anyone out
there with an original Smiths Radiomobile installation who could let me know?

Thanks in advance,
Paul