Re: tr-6 brakes (or lack of)

To: triumphs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: Re: tr-6 brakes (or lack of)
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 17:37:18 -0400
Hey Joe,

I'll add another vote to the vacuum booster, or its link to the manifold,
as a likely problem.  If your brakes were working fine and then you noticed
that more pedal effort was needed, and your engine started running rougher
at the same time, then I'd be even more suspicious of the booster.

BTW if you trace the problem to a booster that won't hold vacuum, good
luck, and grab your wallet.

Tom Tweed
TR-250
SW Ohio

P.S. The guy named `Booster' Dewey who advertises in Hemmings does not re-
     build TR types--said (a month or two ago) that he never gets calls
     for them.