Re: Oil Light Shutoff

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: Oil Light Shutoff
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 9:55:48 -0700 (MST)
Of a top-end supplementary oil-feed pipe, gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com
(Gary Schneider) writes:

> I just put one on my TR6 this year. The bottom plumbs into the passage near
> the oil filter where the oil pressure switch acrews into the block. A tee
> is supplied that feeds the oiler tube as well as accommodating the switch.

I recommend against buying the type that uses a tee off the oil
pressure switch drilling.  If you already have a tee for a gauge
here as well as a switch, the stacked tees add up to this
absurdly long thing.  There are two better ways to go:

1)  Drill and tap your existing oil pressure tee to take the feed
line adaptor.  That way you're not adding another one.  Or even
better:

2)  Make up your own pipe with banjo bolts at _both_ ends, and
use one of the other gallery drillings.  These are indicated by
hex heads along the gallery.  Remove the most convenient one
(recommend the rearmost as that will involve use of the shortest
pipe) and plug in there. The net effect on pressure is identical.

Either way the result is simpler and cleaner looking.

djp@alpha.sunquest.com