Re: Oil Light Shutoff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Light Shutoff
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 95 10:35:21 CDT
Rich wrote:>with reference to the external rocker feed, if the top end
attaches to where the
>small blanking nut is at the back of the head, where does the bottom go?  I am
>thinking about installing one of these when I fit a new rocker shaft on my
>MK IV Spit.

I just put one on my TR6 this year. The bottom plumbs into the passage near
the oil filter where the oil pressure switch acrews into the block. A tee
is supplied that feeds the oiler tube as well as accommodating the switch.
You may want to make a note because the kit I got from TRF had no
instructions!

One curious observation: my oil pressure gauge also comes off here and I
currently have the rocker oiler Tee towards the block, the oil pressure
tube coming off the outside. After installation, the oil pressure gauge
reads lower, like 60# rather than the normal 75 at startup. I believe this
is because the oiler taps off some flow, thus partially relieving the
pressure the gauge sees. The alternative, which I prefer not to believe, is
that the tap runs so much oil the pressure really is lower throughout.

Anyone else have these on? Any fluid dynamics experts out there care to comment?

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com