Real Posi for my TR4

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Real Posi for my TR4
From: VDPY33A@prodigy.com (MR PATRICK J MCMULLEN)
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 1995 18:08:19 EDT
Greg
When you say "Detroit locker" are you referring to a Ford unit?  If
you are, you will be hard pressed to find a stronger posi-traction
differential.  These units make a lot of noise by design.  It has
mechanical ratchets inside.  So It is not your transmission making
the noise.  This was a stock unit in the 1965 Shelby Mustang GT-350.
In 1966 they removed it because customers complained of the noise!
They then installed a limited slip which uses springs and washers.
No noise.  Not as strong.
As for other modifications, I cannot assist you there.  I have not
seen any as of yet that retained the stock hubs.

Pat