Re: Real Posi for my TR4

To: VDPY33A@prodigy.com (MR PATRICK J MCMULLEN), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Real Posi for my TR4
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 15:51:10 -0700 "Re: Real Posi for my TR4" (Jul 6, 6:07pm)
Interesting that people have recommended the Torsen and steered you away from
the Quaife. Both are cut from a similar design - a worm gear torque transfer
with no ratchets. In fact, the Quaife is regarded in some circles as stronger
than the Torsen design!

At the moment, I don't believe that either the Quaife or Torsen is available
for the "big" TRs. Quaifes are available for Spitfire/GT6 pumpkins, however.

Moss is selling some sort of LSD for TRs, but the price is so outrageously high
that I've never bothered to ask what design it is. I would suspect that it is a
Salisbury-style with clutch plates.

A couple of new companies have come into the market recently, with new designs.
Torsen has redesigned their unit, supposedly repairing the problems with the
original. None of these, to my knowledge, are for our cars.