Real Posi for my TR4

To: Brit Cars & Triumphs List <british-cars@autox.team.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Real Posi for my TR4
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 1995 10:22:52 -0500 (CDT)
        I currently have a "detroit locker" with 4-1 gearing in my TR4.
        It has really helped my autocrossing but I think the locker is
        tearing up my tranny (all that clunking can't be doing it good).
        I love to get a suitable posi for the car but I cannot afford a
        salisbury posi at the current prices (even if one could be found).
        I'm thinkiing of trying the old hotrodders trick of getting a diff
        from say, a Ford and have it shortened and adapted to fit the TR.
        The question is... what fits? I want to return to the stock gear
        ratio (I think it's 3.78 to 1) and I'd like to keep the same hubs
        if possible. Can this be done? If so, what's the going rate for
        such a modification?

        Any advice, suggestions and warnings (except "that's not original you
        fool, you fool!") will be welcomed...

        Thanks in advance...
        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois