Re: Motor No Go

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motor No Go
From: "Ken" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 19:55:04 -0800
Hi Doug,

All that stuff is out. The only thing I can't remove is the camshaft. Even
tried a monkey wrench on it, it won't budge. It stopped very quickly, enough
to cause the cam gear to snap the 2 bolts that hold the gear to the camshaft
and about 10 teeth from the gear itself. What I'm going to do is take the
block to a speed shop, let them pull the cam out. I don't know why it
seized, maybe the boys at the shop will know. While there, clean up the
block, install some MK3 cam bearings, and put it all back together with a
MK3 camshaft, I hope.

> That is very strange.  Were you able to remove all the tappets?
> What about the distributor and oil pump drive gear?

Ken C