Re: Motor No Go

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motor No Go
From: "Ken" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 09:16:43 -0800
Ok, I put a wrench on the crankshaft nut and, with great effort, much more
than normal, was able to turn the crank a bit counter-clockwise. Didn't try
clockwise. So, it's probably not the starter. I'll go ahead and start the
dis-assembly process later this am.

If I were lucky, (of course, if luck had anything to do with it, this
wouldn't happen in the first place!!), it will be a broken timing chain
rather than a 'spun' bearing. We'll see ...

Ken C