Re: Motor No Go

To: "Ken" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Motor No Go
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 18:07:09 -0800
That is very strange.  Were you able to remove all the tappets?
What about the distributor and oil pump drive gear?

The cam turns at half the engine speed and does not have anywhere near
the load of the crank, so think that only a total blockage
of one of the oil passages to the cam bearings could have caused that.
Unless you have determined otherwise, I think that a jammed oil
pump or distributor would most likely be the cause.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit